We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our services and when you purchase services from us.
The personal data we process includes:
• your name;
• your home or work address, email address and/or phone number;
• your job title;
• your payment details, including billing and delivery addresses and bank details;
• and/or any other information you provide.
We process the personal data listed in paragraph 1 above for the following purposes:
• as required to establish and fulfil a contract / schedule of services / appointment with you, for example, if you enter into an agreement to provide or receive services. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you and arranging the delivery or other provision of our services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
• to comply with applicable law and regulation;
• in accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting our business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
• with your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our services;
• we may use information you provide to personalise (i) our communications to you; (ii) our website; and (iii) services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
• we may monitor any supplier account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law and our legitimate interests;
We may share your personal data with any subsidiaries to process it for the purposes of administration and to deliver our services where elements of these are provided by any Group companies other than those with which you have directly contracted.
We may also share your personal data with the below third parties:
• our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors;
• our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors; and/or
• search engine and web analytics.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on our behalf for the purposes above. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website hosting, maintenance. In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose.
We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Where you are a client or supplier, we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us. Personal supplier bank details will be removed from our system if no activity after 12 months.
The data that we collect from you will be processed by staff operating within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will not use your data to market our services or undertake online research however we may on occasions wish to contact you regarding future events we would like to invite you to. Should you wish to be removed from our Events Database, please contact Sara Schofield (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01977 624364).
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time. If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
Where you have provided your data to us and it is processed by automated means, you may be able to request that we provide it to you in a structured, machine readable format.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved.
In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data
(a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it;
(b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data;
(c) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it; or
(d) if we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
Should you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice, about Swan Environmental Services’ processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights you can contact our HR Director on email@example.com
If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/