Our specialist services include
We will take your project from the planning stages to an environmental permit in the fastest time possible.
Our permitting team will meet to discuss your site requirements, obtain all the information needed, then commence negotiations with the Environment Agency immediately.
Swan Environmental provide bespoke services to mitigate risks associated with historical contamination of land and waters. Ensuring solutions to land quality issues, reducing liabilities associated with commercial and residential developments.
Swan Environmental is a nationwide independent multi-disciplinary Engineering, Environmental and Project Management Consultancy who looks to provide essential support across a wide range of services at all stages of development, ensuring sustainable, compliant and cost-effective solutions.
Our Environmental Services include, but are not limited to:
Tier 1: Preliminary Risk Assessment. This will establish whether there are any potentially unacceptable risks arising from contamination at the site.
Tier 2: Generic quantitative risk assessment. Development of site-specific tier 2 detailed quantitative risk assessments for contaminated land risk to both human health and controlled waters.
- Geo-environmental and contaminated land risk assessment.
- Consultation with regulators, the public and wider stakeholder communications management.
- Site investigation including intrusive and non-intrusive techniques.
- Supplementary Investigations.
- Asbestos in Soil management.
- Remediation Strategies and verification services.
- Chemical Testing of Soils at MCERTS standard covers laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025.
- Waste Acceptance Classification.
- Material Management (including MMP’s).
- Soakaway / infiltration testing to BRE365.
- Geotechnical testing for basic recommendations.
- Coal Mining Risk Assessments and investigations.
- Environmental Due Diligence and Audits.
- – United Utilities UKWIR (Pipe Selection) Risk Assessments.
We have good working relationships with the Environment Agency and a wealth of experience in negotiations over critical items.
Whether you need to develop a rationale for site investigations (making sure you carry our all that is necessary but keeping costs to a manageable level) or you just need advice on future operations – we can help.
Pre purchase / planning advice
Flood Risk Assessment (MPPF)
Drainage Assessment (SUDS)
Coastal Flood Risk Appraisal
Code for Sustainable Homes
Ground Borne Vibration
Vibration at Work
Great Crested Newt Surveys
Water Vole Surveys
Our specialist surveyor will attend site and undertake a leak detection survey. We will locate any holes / defects within your geomembrane installation allowing defects to be repaired, The area will then be re-surveyed to ensure any anomalies recorded have been successfully repaired.
Once the system is confirmed as leak free we will issue a full report that can be submitted to the relevant parties.
Our team can draw up contracts to your specification, helping you to be fully covered in case of delays, disputes and assessing legitimate additional works.
We will handle the process from beginning to end as a partner, working closely with you to make sure your needs are met.
An environmental site audit can help you to understand how compliant your site is, helping you to drive further improvements or prepare for a critical inspection.
We will identify everything that you need to be aware of under your permit and suggest cost effective solutions where improvements are needed.